Samstag, 22. Januar 2011

Blind Fool

Hello
Have you ever wondered what its like to be blind?? Yeah...me neither! Thats why I ask you now... close your eyes and write me something, let me show you how easy it is for blind people to write. The following paragraph will be me writing to you with my eyes closed:

Yesterday I went to the sioeroatjet and got myself a pachet pf chips.tgem O wrnt hom,e and therw them awaym rgen I wenr ro rhe toullet and sanf kataoke!

Do you understand what I wrote??? Me Neither! And thats the problem! Blind people cannot see like we do, or maybe the problem is we cant see like blind people. The truth is, they have to rely on theyr other senses, wich are much better than vision. The other day I was walking behind a blind guy and he walked passed the pole that I walked into! But still, I thank the lord that I am not blind or have a mental or physical disability. I was once trying to communicate with a deaf person. I was told she could read my lips wich is Jolly good, what I wasnt told though is that she can hear herself, but she sounds different to what we hear: So im sure what she was hearing herself say was: Yes Vincent, I do completely agree, the social and economic wellfare of modern europe is indeed in a mess. But what I was hearing was: duduhaw social haw haw haw mes haw haw waaaa BLABLA drewel spit drewel! So I tried the little sign language I knew and said: I love you, or I said I like sheep, either way I said something in sign language that made her happy!

So People with disabilities really do have super powers! Let us embrace that and try and see the world through theyr eyes... or ears!

...Carry On!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen